- Watch for pedestrian traffic at all times
- If you are dropping off or picking up children, please use the "pickup/drop off lane" next to the sidewalk. Please do not leave your car unattended in the pickup lane and move forward as room allows. If you need to come into the building, use the "visitor parking," not the gym lot or the south end parking lot.
- Children need to be dropped off at the north end of the front sidewalk in the morning. Please do not drive into the "gym parking lot." Students will walk around the gym to the playground. (if you arrive after 8:10 am, children may be dropped off at the office doors.)
- The bus loop is not available for parent pick up or drop off.
Dear Canyon Creek Families,
There has seemed to be some confusion about absences and what is considered an excused absence and what is not. Below are some of the rules we have listed in the handbook regarding absences. Thank you for taking the time to review these.
1. parents are asked to call our attendance hotline prior to 9:00 a.m. or send a note to excuse student absences
2. Absences will not be excused unless the school receives a phone call or note, signed and dated by the parent, stating the reason for the student's absence
1. Personal illness
2. Appointments with health professionals
3. Legal appointments
4. Emergency family situations
Calling in a student will either mark it as an excused absence or unexcused absence, based on the reason. Not calling in a student at all will mark the student as truant and will result in you being notified by our automated system.
Hopefully, after reviewing these rules we have cleared up any confusion.
Canyon Creek Office Staff
Parents, if your child(ren) needs medication administered at the school, you must complete a Medication Consent Form. This form must be completed for both prescription and non-prescription medication. A doctor's signature is required for all prescription medication.
For our 5th-8th grade girls interested in volleyball, there will be a parent meeting on Monday, January 7th at 6:00 pm in the library. Remember that physicals, sports agreements, and activity fees are due before the first practice!
West High is coming to pre-register students for High School on January 28th and will return to finalize registration and class selections on February 13th. Please keep an eye out for a transition letter in the mail that gives more information on this subject.
The West High parent PAC meeting will be on February 6th, at 6:00 pm in the cafeteria at West High. This transition meeting will discuss all the information you as parents will need to know to send a child to West High. They will be covering courses offered, graduation requirements, registration, clubs, and activities, as well as answering any other questions you as a parent might have about high school. Please plan to attend this meeting if your child is going to West High next year. This is the only parent meeting offered by West High for all new incoming students.
Save The Date: West High Freshman Open House on April 23rd at 6:00 pm