Dear Canyon Creek Families,
Each and every year we welcome new community members to our district. It is important that our new faces understand our expectations around the school and it is also a great time for the rest of us to review them as a refresher each year. That being said, I feel that September is a great time to review our safety standards and just kindly remind all of us what the procedures are in keeping our children safe at school. Please take a moment to review the key points below so we can keep our students safe at school. Please don't feel like these expectations are to discourage you from visiting because that is not the case at all. We love our community and parents. but unfortunately have to have these expectations in place just in case. We are having a great start to our year and are looking forward to what the rest of the school year will bring.
1. Always use the front entrance when visiting and make sure to sign in for a visitor's sticker. We have a buzzer door entrance in place so all visitors must push the button on the left side of the entrance. We will promptly let you enter if we recognize you. Thanks in advance for your patience with this new addition to our safety system.
2. Be sure to call your child into the attendance hotline by 10:00 a.m. so we know that you know that your child is not in school. The State of Montana Law states that we have to account for every child each day, so expect a phone call if you don't cal them in.
3. If dropping off your child, please make sure that you drop them off in the front parking lot and not in the bus parking lot. If you happen to be late, have your child go into the front doors of the school and not walk around to the back of the building. Dropping children off at the school before 7:55 a.m. is prohibited because we do not provide supervision until 7:55 a.m. and all students must be supervised.
4. When picking up your child at the end of the day, please make sure that you assist them when crossing the parking lot. We also encourage parents to pick all students up in the parking lot and not on Danford Dr. We know that it is very congested but currently are doing our best to deal with the traffic. Please consider having children use the bus to alleviate some of the congestion in our front parking lot if they live in our district.
5. Be aware of the weather changes and help us make sure your child is properly dressed for all types of weather change. Students will go outside during the day if the temperature is above zero degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Please be our eyes and ears! Let us know if you notice something doesn't seem right at school, in your neighborhood, or the bus stop. We need to know these things so that we can assure all students are safe. Communication is vital and helps out everyone in our community.
7. Make sure that you follow our speed limit in front of the school and keep it slow in the parking lots. We have a habitual problem with members of the community ignoring our speed limit on Duck Creek Road. We have noticed improvement with this problem since we installed our lighted signs on Duck Creek Road. The speed zone is reduced from 7:15 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
8. If you are unsure of our safety expectations, or how to properly visit our school, we encourage you to call us or review the handbook. Every family should have received a copy of this at the beginning of the school year.
By following these simple expectations we can assure that all students, staff, and community members will be safer in our schools and neighborhoods. Thank you!